Allmax Aminocore Review - BCAA SupplementJul 20, 2016 | by: Team A8
Allmax Nutrition has been recognized by many as a leader in sports nutrition in Canada. Whenever they introduce a new product, consumers can expect to get their hands on a supplement containing ingredients that are high quality and well-researched. And Allmax Aminocore is no exception.
Before I carry on, rest assured that I'm not promoting Allmax Nutrition Aminocore - I'm simply reviewing it. I have taken other BCAA supplements before and want to compare Aminocore against others and let you know what I think. Allmax Aminocore is a BCAA (branched-chain amino acid) supplement that provides an energy boost and helps your body to stay anabolic.
I have consumed numerous BCAAs such as Mutant BCAA 9.7, Cellucor Beta BCAA, Scivation XTEND, USP Labs Modern BCAA and Gaspari AminoLast, and I like them all - well, except for XTEND because I feel the artificial flavor is a bit too strong. But Aminocore is the most well-rounded BCAA supplement in my opinion, and here are 3 big reasons why:
Allmax Aminocore Review - Key Features
Research-validated BCAA ratio - 40:30:25
- Numerous research and studies have shown that Leucine is the most important of the BCAA's in enhancing Anabolic Signaling and stimulating Protein Synthesis. And studies that Allmax (and SD Pharmaceuticals) conducted validate that 45:30:25 or 2:1:1 is the best ratio to trigger muscle growth and performance enhancing benefits.
B Vitamins to boost anabolic activity
- 20 mg of Vitamin B3. B3 (Niacinamide or Niacin) is known to help increase energy.
- 2 mg of Vitamin B6. B6 is needed for neurotransmitters
- 400 mcg of Vitamin B9. Vitamin B9 helps in producing healthy red blood sells and strong immune system. It also may lower risk of heart disease and stroke.
- 6 mcg of Vitamin B12. B12 converts carbs into glucose in the body, leading to energy production and a decrease in fatigue and mental fogginess. But I am not sure if Aminocore has enough dosage (6 mcg) to produce significant benefits.
Alpha K.I.C. (100 mg)
- Alpha K.I.C., or Alpha-Ketoisocaproic acid, has been shown to buffer muscle toxins like ammonia, reduce exercise induced muscle damage and preserve skeletal muscle force production. This in turn, leads to greater muscular endurance. In other words, Alpha KIC produces anti-catabolic but not anabolic effects.
Allmax Aminocore BCAA Ratio
Virtually all BCAA supplements have a higher ratio of leucine because it has the strongest mTOR activation, thus leading to lean muscle mass. BCAA's are generally found in a 2:1:1 ratio. As mentioned before, research has shown this ratio to be sufficient for protein synthesis and performance. Here is my list of BCAA ratios.
- Aminocore - 40:30:25
- Mutant BCAA - 2:1:1
- Cellucor Beta-BCAA - 2:1:1
- Scivation XTEND - 2:1:1
- USP Labs Modern BCAA - 8:1:1. Now, I'm not 100% sold on a 8:1:1 ratio. Modern BCAA has micronized amino acids and tastes great (especially Grape), but I want more opinions and published studies on this before I fall in love with it.
- Gaspari AminoLast - 2:1:1
Allmax Aminocore Review - Effectiveness
Allmax Aminocore has 8 grams of soluble BCAAs per serving. I did get amazing results from taking Aminocore for 2 weeks ( 2 lb lean muscle gain and strength). Recovery you get from this product is excellent, it's as good as Mutant BCAA and Cellucor Beta-BCAA. But I feel the difference on non-training days. Whenever I feel drowsy or I am in need of a quick energy boost, 1 scoop of Aminocore in a 500 ml water helps me make great recovery and I feel more motivated throughout the day.
Allmax Aminocore Review - Taste
I have tried Aminocore Fruit Punch and Key Lime Cherry, and Key Lime Cherry is my favorite. I can drink it all day, it's that good. My best flavor choice would be Lemon Lime from Cellucor Beta-BCAA, but I don't feel like taking beta-alanine on non-training days... So Allmax, any plan to come up with a new flavor?? And I must mention that it's so easy to open the container and pick up the scoop holder because the holder handle is long and it won't get buried in the powders. It may be a small thing but it sure comes in handy!
Allmax Aminocore - Conclusion
As we all know, the market is saturated with a multitude of BCAA supplements - simply take a look at Active8's BCAAs selection. Some products are known for amazing tastes, while others incorporate ingredients like citrulline malate, glycine, beta-alanine, electrolytes, etc. When you are choosing a BCAA supplement, always have your goal(s) and needs in mind. Doing so will help you select the right product.
Based on Allmax Aminocore review, it is a well-rounded BCAA drink that satisfies all my criteria - optimal BCAA ratio, energy boost, fatigue prevention, taste, and transparent ingredient profile. Aminocore retails at $79.95 on most online supplement websites, so that means each serving is about 72 cents, much cheaper than a can of Red Bulls or Electrolytes. Give it a whirl! Thanks for checking out my Allmax Aminocore review.